Tuesday 8 November 2011

NaBloPoMo 8 - Oh No Christmas countdown!

The Countdown for Christmas has started and I am so so not ready, can we not stop the clocks just for a short while, like a month at least!


Max, Izzy & Anna meeting Father Xmas 2010

By this time of year, I am normally half prepared, having bought so many bargains for the children's Christmas stockings, in special offers and sales. This year, I have bought all of two gifts so far and I have four children, I am feeling so unprepared and not in the mood, so un-festive and I am just not sure how I am going to change this around.

I used to love Christmas, the build up especially buying for so many, but as the years have gone on, everything just seems to be so much more expensive, Christmas isn't about the biggest and best toys out there, its the thought that counts, but when you have children you just want to make them happy and lets be honest, all you get are adverts full of the brightest, most popular toys going.

I am going to try to be a little more in the mood, find some Seasonal spirit from somewhere, but I just don't know where to begin.

I do know its just 46 Days, yes you read that right, also just 7 weekends until that all important to so many, for so many different reasons day arrives!


Leaving out treats for Father Christmas x

So I have a plan, I am going to start thinking of traditional and small things that we can do as a family to prepare for Christmas and perhaps even make some home made gifts.

Maybe I will find the real Christmas Spirit on the countdown to this years festivities, least I hope I find some cheer along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment